I'm a little behind on my blog posts after an insane week. It turns out that starting a business, writing a book, planning a wedding, buying a house, going on national TV, and working a day job take quite a bit of time and energy. Our apartment is turning into a warehouse as I prepare to fulfill all of the Kickstarter rewards from my project. The first round of cookbooks is arriving at my apartment this Wednesday, and I will be sorting, packing, and shipping them shortly thereafter. Ryan has officially taken over as Head of IT, Head of Distribution, and Chief Mental Sanity Officer. At least someone is keeping it all together for me! On that note, the online store is 100% up and ready, and now is your chance to order a copy (or 100) of Bowls of Love! The book has 49 incredible soup recipes and accompanying stories that will warm your heart. If you are looking for holiday gifts and want to buy a few copies, you can use BULK20 at checkout for 20% off your order. Just click the ORDER BOOK button on the top right corner of your screen. I let out a pretty loud squeal every time an order comes through, so my neighbors are counting on you for the entertainment!
In the midst of all of the madness, I have been cooking lots of new recipes, taking photos, and prepping blog posts so there will be lots of good recipes coming your way shortly. This recipe is a super simple Sunday (or any other night) dinner idea that you can make in one pan for easy cleanup. Feel free to substitute any veggies you have in house. The recipe is big enough for leftovers, and this makes a great packed lunch if you need to plan ahead for the week.
Sausage & Roasted Vegetable Bake:
Serves 6-8, Prep time: 10 min, Cook time: 60 minutes
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 4 bell peppers, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 lb. pre-cooked basil pesto chicken sausage, sliced (any other variety will do - look out for organic options without preservatives, sugar, or other added ingredients)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Mix all of the veggies, olive oil, and seasonings in your baking dish. You can use a large disposable tin pan if you really want to avoid dish duty!
- Add the sliced sausage on top and cook for 20 minutes.
- Flip all of the sausage pieces over and cook another 20 minutes.
- Stir the whole pan to mix up the veggies and cook for a final 20 minutes. You can adjust this time down if you'd like, but we love our veggies nice and crispy!