I am sorry to admit that I have been neglecting my blog! With the upcoming move, craziness at work, and loads of travel, I am a bit behind on sharing my recipes. Before I fully shift into Spring gear, I need to share a few leftover recipes that I have enjoyed over the past few weeks. Soup has been a regular part of my weekly routine for the past few months, and this great take on chicken soup was a perfect breakfast (yes, breakfast) a couple of weeks ago. I sadly missed the farmers market due to travel, so I stopped into Foodies, grabbed every veggie that looked good, and threw them together to make soup. As I prepare for life back in the office, I am going to be doing a lot of meal planning and cooking ahead like this!
On another note, I am thrilled to announce that I am officially pre-certified as a health coach and can start seeing clients. I am really looking forward to working with people on adding balance and happiness to their lives by adopting healthy and holistic lifestyles. It is a busy time for sure, but it feels great to know that I am working on something that is making a difference in the world. Anyone interested in a free consultation should fee free to reach out. I look forward to hearing from all of you!
Garlic Chicken Vegetable Soup:
Serves 8, Prep time: 20 min, Cook time: 70 min
- 1-2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 large sweet onions, chopped
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 head of garlic, diced
- 1 bag baby carrots, chopped
- 1 bag celery hearts, chopped
- 2 turnips, peeled & chopped
- 16 oz. mushrooms, chopped
- 2 lbs. chicken breast
- 2 quarts organic, no-sugar-added vegetable or chicken broth/stock
- 1 large bunch of kale, stems removed & chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil over medium heat
- Add onions, leek,and garlic and cook for 10 minutes until soft
- Add carrots, celery, turnips, and mushrooms and cook for another 10 minutes
- Lay raw chicken breasts on top of the veggies, and then add the broth/stock
- Bring the pot to a boil, then cover the pot and let simmer on low for 45 minutes
- Add the kale and let cook on low for another 5 minutes
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve!