I haven't baked in a while thanks to my new restrictions (no nuts, no eggs), but I found this recipe that I hadn't posted and figured you all probably need a fun treat. I created this muffin recipe by tweaking my banana cake and throwing the batter in muffin tins. If you are open to nuts and eggs, these muffins are awesome - only a tiny of raw honey, and they are perfect for a grab-and-go breakfast. You can add raisins, berries, nuts, or even almond butter if you want to get crazy with these. While you chow down on these, I will be brainstorming some egg-free, nut-free creations. Enjoy!
Banana Almond Flour Muffins:
Serves 6, Prep time: 10 min, Bake time: 20 min
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. cup coconut oil, softened
- 2 Tbsp. cup organic raw honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 large banana, mashed
- Optional add-ins: raisins, berries, chopped nuts, cocoa nibs, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl and set aside
- In a separate bowl, mix coconut oil, honey, eggs, and vanilla
- Mix wet ingredients until fully combined and then add the mashed bananas
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients in one bowl
- Pour batter into a greased muffin tin
- Bake for 20 minutes - tops will be lightly browned and a toothpick should come out clean
- Let cool and then serve topped with fresh jam, honey, coconut butter, or plain!