Happy (belated) Hanukkah! My family is a bit non-traditional when it comes to holiday celebrations. We have quite the melting pot in the family, and our favorite celebrations include Paster (Passover + Easter) and Chrismanukkah (Xmas + Hanukkah). I celebrated Chrismanukkah with mom and Ron a bit early this year in Florida, and I tried to make a paleo latke (potato pancake) for my paleo meetup this past weekend.
I have to admit that these do not taste anything like potato pancakes - they are mostly made of carrots, so the flavor is clearly different. I was pleasantly surprised by these, and they were a great addition to the potluck. I ate the leftovers for breakfast with eggs & spinach. This is definitely a new and interesting tasty treat! I will probably try these again with a higher proportion of sweet potato and some sauteed onion. An update will follow after the next attempt!
- 8-10 large carrots, peeled & shredded
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled & shredded
- 6 eggs
- 5-6 Tbsp. coconut flour
- Salt, pepper, and cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Mix all ingredients in a very large mixing bowl - make sure everything is well combined
- Drop rounded tablespoons of batter onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip over, and bake for another 10 minutes
- Latkes/pancakes should be golden brown on both sides