A quick post today as I am heading to the airport soon to travel back up north. Today's recipe is in honor of Steph's 28th birthday! These stuffed peppers are named Berta and Bertha in her honor. If you haven't been able to tell, I have been eating a lot of eggs and peppers! I actually have another creation from this morning that I will share soon with another pepper/egg concoction. Hopefully you all are into these ingredients as well! Served alongside of brussel sprouts, spinach, broccoli, or another green vegetable, they are perfect for the holiday season.
It is a sad day as I have to leave the retired life in Florida. On a good note, my trip was amazing, and I'm sure I'll be back in no time. I learned a valuable cooking lesson while I was here: cooking is way faster and extra enjoyable when you have a solid cooking partner and a second oven!
- 2 bell peppers
- 4 farm fresh eggs
- Sea salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut the bell peppers in half vertically, and carefully scoop out the insides
- Arrange the peppers in a baking pan, and crack one egg into each half
- Season with sea salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- Bake for 20-30 minutes based on egg preference