24 hours until Mal's arrival! We haven't seen each other since July, so this reunion is long overdue. Mal hasn't even seen me since I started my paleo transformation, so she hasn't had the pleasure of tasting any of my new creations. I wanted to make sure she gets fed well when she arrives, so I cooked a great crockpot chicken recipe that I will post tomorrow, and I did my best attempt at "Rice Pudding" paleo style which is really chia seed coconut pudding. Back in the day in Stamford, Mal and I used to eat rice pudding every night after dinner together, so I thought I would finally try to recreate our favorite treat. The recipe is inspired from Deliciously Organic, and it came out great. The texture and flavor differ quite a bit from your standard rice pudding, but this is a simple and delicious dessert good for ice cream and rice pudding lovers like me!
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. organic maple syrup
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- Whisk together coconut milk, vanilla, and syrup until well combined
- Add chia seeds, and stir consistently for a few minutes so all seeds are coated
- Let sit for 1-2 hours so the seeds can expand in the liquid.
- If you prefer it cold (I do), stick the mixture in the fridge or freezer. Note that this will significantly harden the pudding since the coconut milk solidifies at cold temperatures.